Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wade has an invisible tiger!

I really wasn't expecting the invisible friend stage to start for a while yet, but apparently, my son has his dads imagination! He usually plays like he's a lion, jumping up the stairs on all fours, and that sort of thing. But today, he was upstairs playing in his room and all of the sudden he comes tearing down the stairs, jumps on the couch with me and is trying to hook a bungee cord he had to the chair that was in front of him, all the while saying "tiger comin". He was in a PANIC because he couldn't get the bungee cord to work right!! He kept asking me to help him and got really frantic when i just laughed at him. He had tears in his eyes and everything saying the tiger was coming! I have NO idea what the hooking the bungee to the chair had to do with the tiger coming, but it was critical apparently! So i finally helped him hook it up and he calmed down. I asked him where the tiger was and he told me "upstairs".

Then later, when i was getting him ready for a bath he FREAKED out because he wanted "tiger" to come with him!!! I asked him where tiger was again, and he told me upstairs but he wanted him to get in the tub with him. So i told him "tiger" was upstairs sleeping. That seemed to satisfy him for a while. Then after his bath he ran around yelling for "tiger".... runs to me and says "Tiger comin'!!" Every...Two....Minutes. I really wanted that tiger to come so i could tackle him and tie him up.

So then i tell him it's time to go to bed. He reminds me, once again, that tiger is upstairs. I say "Fine, it's time to go to bed with tiger". We get upstairs in his room and he asks where tiger is. I point in his bed and say "He's sleeping right there!". He looks at me like i am INSANE.....shakes his little head and says "Noooo". It's amazing how dumb a two year old can make you feel with just a look on his face.....anyways, i ask him if tiger is sleeping outside with Mocha and Trip. He says YEP! And lays his crazy little head down.

Ay yi yi....i really hope i dont get 2am wake up calls about this "Tiger".......

1 comment:

Jill Clayton said...

That is cute. Kids come up with the craziest things. And Yes my parents did move. They live in Brigham now and they do have a pool! :) We'll have to get together this summer for a pool party!!