Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wades new room!

I've been working on getting Wade's room done. I FINALLY found a quilt i liked for his bed, so i could decide on colors! I'm done painting, and now i'm going to see how talented i am and try to put up a wood trim and baseboards. I was going to do a wallpaper border, but i dont want it to be too busy since it's not a huge room. I still have to put his dresser and toy box back in there, and put up all the decorations, but here's our start!

Here's what we started with. The beautimus blue and lightning mcqueen half peeled off border.

There was some nasty glue crap under that border...

No more blue!! I put a layer of Kilz on first because i did NOT want that blue showing up again! Lol!

The new brown walls! It was the funniest thing....Wade walked in the room when i was halfway finished with the first wall and said "OH MOM! CHOCOLATE!"!!! It was hilarious! I was afraid he was going to lick the walls or something though! Then he kept wanting to touch it, so i threatened him within an inch of his life not to (which didn't work...) and now that it's dry, he walks up and stares at it for a minute then wipes his hand across the wall and looks to see if it comes off on his hand! He's such a little trouble maker!

2 comments:

Jess's old blog said...

very cute paint choice! Mm chocolate :) Cute bedspread!

Cascio Photography said...

I can't wait to see it all done! I love the colors soooo much! :) Its perfect for him! Oh and the camp out sounds like so much fun!!